Are you a member of Birds Korea? Would you like to try to see Red-crowned and White-naped Cranes? Hill Pigeon? The globally Endangered Scaly-sided Merganser or the super-secretive Hazel Grouse?
Would you like to learn more about eBird directly from the eBird Project Team Leader? Would you like to meet other members?
Together, we would like to invite a maximum of 12 Birds Korea members to join us in Yeoncheon on November 26th and 27th for birding with Yeoncheon Birds Korea and for a presentation by Mr Marshall Iliff, eBird Project Leader, Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
Details are still being developed, but we expect the program to start at about 10AM on Saturday November 26th and to finish in the early afternoon of Sunday 27th November.
If you would like to join us, please send Birds Korea an email or text whether:
- You would like to attend either only on November 26th or on both dates (so that we can book accommodation for you in advance).
- You have your own transport or not (for those without transport, car sharing will be arranged)
- You have any special dietary needs.
Once we have received your details, we will confirm your participation and send you further details.
- This event is open to a maximum of only 12 participants, with participation decided on a “First Come, First Serve” basis
- We aim to spend time within the CCZ in Yeoncheon. Due to recent events, we cannot confirm at this time whether or not the CCZ will be open or not. In the case that can enter, we will need your details in advance (to be explained later directly in emails);
- There will likely be some costs for logistics – and a chance to donate directly to Yeoncheon Birds Korea for their work. Costs will probably be about 100,000 KW (for pick-up; food and accommodation) but might well be substantially less (more on this later!).
Would you like to join us?
To reserve your place in English, please email to:
We look forward to hearing from you!