November 2022: remarkable internationally for the Ramsar Convention and “Climate Conference“ (and the soccer world cup…) and within the ROK for a series of events with input from Birds Koreans and / or those whose work has been featured on the Birds Korea blog or facebook page:
1. On November 17th, “Korean German Conference on Transition of Agriculture and the Challenge to Preserve Biodiversity”, at the Fila Achushnet Hall Hankuk University of Foreign studies, Seoul (한국외국어대학교 서울도서관 5층 필라아쿠시네트홀).
Co-organised by the Hanns Seidel Foundation and German Embassy: includes presentations by Dr Nial Moores (Director, Birds Korea), Professor Amael Borzee (Professor Nanjing Forestry University, College of Biology and the Environment, Lab of Animal Behaviour and Conservation) and National KFEM Secretary General Kim Choony
Working language, English with Korean translation available, with registration from 13:00
2. On November 21st, Workshop on the Scaly-sided Merganser at the Suncheon Ecograd Hotel, as a side-event of the Asian Bird Fair.
Funded by the Hanns Seidel Foundation and co-organised by the HSF and Birds Korea, includes presentations by Dr Nial Moores (Director, Birds Korea), Ms Ku Yeonah (Project Officer, EAAFP Secretariat), Mr Baek Seung-Kwang (Director, Yeoncheon Birds Korea), Mr Choi Sang-Du (Nam River), Ms Lee Myeong Jeong (Seomjin River) and commentary by Dr Yoo Miyeon (Yeoncheon County).
Working language Korean, with doors open at 13:30
3. On November 23rd, Conference on, “Management of Flyways of Asia”, at the 2F, Orakai Songdo Park Hotel #151, Techno park-ro, Yeonsu-Gu, Incheon South Korea, 09:00-18:00. Both “online and offline“
Co-organised by the Hanns Seidel Foundation and the East Asian-Australasian Flyway Partnership Secretariat.
Working language, English. Presentations by e.g., Dr Nial Moores (Director, Birds Korea), Dr Taej Mundkur (Wetlands International) and Mr Spike Milligton (International Crane Foundation)
4. On November 23rd, Seminar on: 연천군 DMZ생태관광 활성화를 위한 컨설팅 연구용역, at 연천군 종합복지관 대강당
Organised by Yeoncheon County. Working language Korean, with registration from 13:30.
Presentations include by Dr Nial Moores (Director, Birds Korea) on Conservation Tourism
5. November 26th-27th. Birdwatching weekend for Birds Korea members, including a special presentation on eBird by eBird Project Team Leader Marshall Iliff.
Organised by Yeoncheon Birds Korea and Birds Korea and supported by Yeoncheon County.