A Tree Pipit was observed when I was birding at Haneul Park.
It was with an Olive-backed Pipit and I was able to make a direct comparison, its supercilium was unclear, nearly absent ear coverts, with very narrow streaking on its flanks.
Also, the color was relatively murky, giving a dirty impression. Alongside this bird, Siberian Rubythroat, Grey Thrush, and Chinese Blackbird were also recorded at a nearby small pine forest.
I climbed Doksil Mountain to Shinseon Peak from the early morning. I was around the areas of 2-Gu village and the beach-side road where villagers are raising their goats.
There were a relatively high number of birds, and they were easy to find. When I moved to 1-Gu, I found a Grey Bush Chat at the grassland of Haneul Park.
Following the news from Mr. Go Kyeong-Nam, who I met on the island, I found a Thick-billed Warbler, Chestnut-flanked White-eye, and Eurasian Wryneck on the same day.
Although, I was mainly climbing a mountain… there were lots of Asian Stubtail and thrushes, with the Black Woodpigeon singing at various places.
A female Ashy Minivet was observed on a beach-side road from Shinseon-bong to Hangri Village and a Greater Short-toed Lark when I was going to Seomdeung Peninsula.
About 20 Streaked Sheawater were observed from the ferry going to Heuksan island. I started birding right away upon arrival. Interestingly, Narcissus Flycatcher were seen very often.
- Great Crested Grebe Podiceps cristatus
- Streaked Shearwater Calonectris leucomelas
- Temminck’s Cormorant Phalacrocorax capillatus
- Great Egret Ardea modesta
- Little Egret Egretta garzetta
- Black-crowned Night Heron Nycticorax nycticorax
- Grey-faced Buzzard Butastur indicus
- Japanese Lesser Sparrowhawk Accipiter gularis
- Peregrine Falcon Falco peregrinus
- Green Sandpiper Tringa ochropus
- Wood Sandpiper Tringa glareola
- Black-tailed Gull Larus crassirostris
- Vega Gull Larus vegae
- Mongolian Gull *Larus mongolicus
- Black Wood Pigeon Columba janthina
- Oriental Turtle Dove Streptopelia orientalis
- Pacific Swift Apus pacificus
- Common Kingfisher Alcedo atthis
- Greater Short-toed Lark Calandrella brachydactyla
- Barn Swallow Hirundo rustica
- Eastern Yellow Wagtail Motacilla tschutschensis
- Grey Wagtail Motacilla cinerea
- White Wagtail Motacilla alba ocularis
- Black-backed Wagtail Motacilla alba
- Olive-backed Pipit Anthus hodgsoni
- Red-throated Pipit Anthus cervinus
- Buff-bellied Pipit Anthus rubescens
- Tree Pipit Anthus trivialis
- Ashy Minivet Pericrocotus divaricatus
- Brown-eared Bulbul Hypsipetes amaurotis
- Light-vented Bulbul Pycnonotus sinensis
- Siberian Rubythroat Calliope calliope
- Siberian Blue Robin Larvivora cyane
- Red-flanked Bluetail Tarsiger cyanurus
- Stejneger’s Stonechat Phoenicurus auroreus
- Grey Bush Chat Saxicola ferreus
- Blue Rock Thrush Monticola solitarius
- White’s Thrush Zoothera aurea
- Grey Thrush Turdus cardis
- Blackbird Turdus merula
- Brown-headed Thrush Turdus chrysolaus
- Pale Thrush Turdus pallidus
- Dusky Thrush Turdus eunomus
- Korean Bush Warbler Horornis diphone
- Japanese Bush Warbler Horornis borealis
- Asian Stubtail Urosphena squameiceps
- Radde’s Warbler Phylloscopus schwarzi
- Eastern Crowned Willow Warbler Phylloscopus coronatus
- Asian Brown Flycatcher Muscicapa latirostris
- Narcissus Flycatcher Ficedula narcissina
- Blue-and-White Flycatcher Cyanoptila cyanomelana
- Eastern Great Tit Parus minor
- Varied Tit Sittiparus varius
- Japanese White-eye Zosterops japonicus
- Little Bunting Emberiza pusilla
- Yellow-browed Bunting Emberiza chrysophrys
- Rustic Bunting Emberiza rustica personata
- Yellow-throated Bunting Emberiza elegans
- Black-faced Bunting Emberiza spodocephala
- Brambling Coelebs montifringilla
- Oriental Greenfinch Chloris sinica
- Eurasian Siskin Spinus spinus
- White-cheeked Starling Spodiopsar cineraceus