- Promotion: Gwangju News
- Fundraising: Daein Night Art Market (Sept 13) & Art St (Sept 28)
- Bird Watching: River in Gwangju (Sept 28) Prof Maria Lisak and Mr Patrick Blake
Special Event: Birds Korea & Cornell SBS lecture at CNU (video and pictures sent to Birds Korea from CNU volunteers)
Socializing: Lunch with Prof Ha Cheol Sung, students and Birds Korea members after special event
- Chairman of Green Way (local park) and GIC, Mr.Lee Geunwoo (lawyer) attended Birds Korea special event at CNU.
- Mr Patrick Black joined GIC Tour to Damyang. Provided Photos & Tour write up for GIC Newsletter & GN
- Mokpo w/Prof Siyoung Park , Mr Andreas Kim, Mr Patrick Blake and Ms. Melanie Proteau Blake
- Suncheon by Mr Patrick Blake
- Gwangju Rivers by Mr Patrick Blake
- Outreach to Mr Pedro Kim about coordinating any bird watching with Mr Patrick Blake and Prof Maria Lisak
- Afternoon GPS mapping of Daechondong (Nov 18)
- Dinner w/ Prof Sung & Ss to talk about field trips, clubs and editing asst (Nov 18)
Bird Watching: Haenam (Nov 23) Mr Patrick Blake and Prof Maria Lisak
Bird Watching: Gangjin Bay & Geese, Swans, Ducks with Mr Andreas Kim.
Thursdays with Prof Sung in Suncheon: Hooded Cranes
Other Topics of Interest of Things Afoot in Gwangju
Sept Daein Mkt 274,000
Sept Art St 147,000
Oct Daein Mkt 240,000
GIC Day 421,000
Total raised so far in 2013: 2,528,000 won
Niio said if we wanted our 20% Birds Korea discount then we would have to ask Birds Korea to order for us.
Theater of the Oppressed Sensitivity Training (Gwangju Performance Project – Mr Travis Major – in discussions). Hoping for:
Ms Kate Latham interested in volunteering. Met her at GIC Day.
Mr Sang Won Son wants to be an ornithologist when he grows up. I met this young man at GIC Day. He emailed me on his own.
Prof Maria Lisak